Monday, May 25, 2015

Inside out

he is on the inside and
she is on the inside with him
and i am looking through the window
on the outside,why?
i should be inside, oh i gave it up thats right
but i was a child
doing what children do
and now she is in my place
wrapped in his hands
surrounded by his family
and i scream but the window is sound proof
but i am not proof, my heart breaks
and i refuse to break
so i scream louder
willing the glass to break
so i can take my place!
he turns to see me
he must of heard my muffled screams
but he is looking blindly
the fucking window, must be one sided
like my dreams, one sided
my side! his side! this is my life!
this is my time! and i will fight!
your damn right,
he is on the inside
and she is on the inside with him
wrapped in a cloak of love
his, theirs, hers
and i'm sure it isn't her fault
and i dont blame her for taking my vacated space
but what is this, finders keepers
losers weepers?
he isn't a toy to be had!
he is mine!
he is my first, he is my love
he is my safety, he is my home
and it is not right, that i should be left in the cold
-Jay
or

He is on the inside and
she is on the inside with him
and i, am on the outside, looking in
why? why am i on the outside?
oh, I gave it up thats right
but i was a child, doing what children do
and now she is on the inside
wrapped in his arms, surrounded by his family
in my place, and i scream!
but the window is sound proof
but i am not hurt proof and
i break, but i refuse to break!
so i scream louder, willing the glass to break
so i can take my place!
but it is stronger than me, and my voice cracks
my lips splinter beneath the force of my grimace
as i try to rub my tears into the cracks
he turns toward me, and my heart leaps
he must have heard my muffled screams
but he looks out blindly and i scream
the fucking window is one sided!?
kind of like my dreams, i guess
one sided, my side? his side?
this is my life! this is my time! a
and i will fight! your damn right
he is on the inside, looking out
and she is on the inside with him
and i am on the outside looking in
and just as he begins to turn away
i scream, i scream baby dont go away!
baby dont let our love slip away!
she looks back, guess theres a crack in the window
-Jay

Tell us what you think and which one is better. If you have an idea or are moved to Write i hope you will share your version.

No comments:

Post a Comment