Sunday, May 31, 2015

My Burning City

Lying awake with sorrow, fearing those with pity
I’m not trying to escape my home, by name; my Burning City
To cope and then forget, something easily I have learned
Taking all that’s left of me after all of me was burned
Ghost of my past enter with the decaying of my city wall
From the very flame that started this to the ash that ended all
Darkness of my memories, the sorrow of my past
I had fear of losing this but I hope my life burns fast
No more broken promises or the fear of being forgot
I would have thrown my life away if I knew the pain it brought
Now with all I’ve gone through I fear it is too late
Although my surroundings are burning I built too strong a gate
I never should have dealt with this; I should have given up before
But because of the long delay I’ll have to put up with more
No escape or exits to my Burning City I’m condemned

-Stormy

No comments:

Post a Comment